Friday, March 31, 2006

The idea behind 'What's next, Paul?'

As I am a detailed person, I tend to describe my experiences to the minute details. My friends, Justin and Bernett, told me that I could set up a blog to recount them. The reasons they gave being I am self-centric and write well.

Justin came up with the name because he found it strange that I would behave differently from majority of people. He envisioned that instead of I recounting only, there would be people asking why I would react differently to certain circumstances. It is meant to be interactive instead of mere reporting.

As far as I know, Justin had commented once. I seriously need feedback and ideas too. So, Justin, do what you have initiated.

One of the reasons I set up this blog is to keep my friends back home updated on my life here in Baltimore. As there are many groups of friends from various chapters of my life, I found it convenient to setup a blog and let them read it in their free time.

Besides, it is a good time for me to write freely as opposed to writing scientific papers. My Ph.D. supervisor had commented that I wrote like a poet during my initial scientific writings. He used 'flowery' to describe them.

In addition, I am open to share my experiences with whoever is reading my blog and hopefully learn something from it.

Lastly, it would be great for me to read back on all these experiences a few years down the road.

No comments: