Monday, March 27, 2006

Empty apartment no more

After almost one month of endless shopping at every weekend, my once empty apartment (see 'Between heaven and hell') is furnished to my satisfaction. It now has a queen sized bed with four pillows (could not get hold of firm ones, so have to do stacking of the pillows) and a comforter. I have an extra pillow and a foldable bed for friends who want to visit me.

A dining table for eating and working, and three chairs. Most importantly, I have two lamps, just in case one bulb fused, I can rely on the other.

My toilet has a shower curtain with lots of toiletries on the water cistern. Now, there is no need for me to squat down when there was no shower curtain.

My kitchen is well-stocked with pots and pans for me to prepare one week of food. So, that will be at least 10 meals. I usually cooked large portion and bought lots of microwable boxes to store the prepared food in the freezer. Every Sunday is a busy day for me to do laundry, clean the apartment and cook.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,
Your apartment is definitely nicer now. =) And neat too...haha...I'm impressed with the kitchen.

Just wanna check, isn't the queen size bed for your friends when they visit and the foldable bed is for yourself? ;p

Paul said...

Thank you for your compliment.

Depends on the combination of friends. If a couple, then of course I will sleep on the smaller bed. If not couple but mix, the female will sleep on the smaller bed. Hope this answer your query.

Anonymous said...

Uncle, now you can bring someone back home to spend the night. One thing to try out while you are still a bachelor :p

You know what, I think your bedroom is uglier than your bathroom and kitchen. The floor looks raw, but other than that I think it looks quite nice. And the dining cum work table looks a bit pathetic, but of course it can be much worse.

I think you sound more and more like me now, minus the cooking for one week meal thingy.