Saturday, March 11, 2006

Opened my windows for the first time in 2 weeks

The season I arrived in is winter. Temperatures had been hovering between 34-40 Fahrenheit (1-5 Celsius) with average wind speed 1mph (1.6 km/h). Opening the windows at my apartment is committing suicide.

Stepping out required at least three layers for one accustomed to tropical climate. Movements were hindered with the thick clothings. My otherwise oily face was stripped of my ugly shine. Lip balm was a must for chap lips. Taking a shower everyday could be a cold torture between the time you dry yourself to dressing up. Moisturizer helped to soften and smoothen otherwise tight skin. I had been told that wrinkles form easily here. The faces of pedestrains were so dry.

Since yesterday, the temperature had been climbing slowly to a high of 64 Fahrenheit (18 Celsius). It felt like back home, warm temperature finally. I actually felt hot for the first time here. I am now in my shorts and T-shirt with my windows opened. It sure feels good!

No comments: