Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Passing baton

Both Srini and I came from Division of Johns Hopkins, Singapore (DJHS) but we joined at different times.

While I was pursuing my Ph.D., Srini was already employed at DJHS and thereafter he came to Johns Hopkins University (JHU), USA.

Now that I am seconded to JHU, he is going back to DJHS. In fact, I will be sitting at his desk, using his computer etc. when he is gone. Sigh, life makes fun of people.

Yesterday, our boss held a farewell party for him at the Johns Hopkins Faculty Club. We had a sumptuous buffet dinner with roast beef, salmon, trout, salad, pastry and fruits among others except that Srini could only eat salad because he is a vegetarian. One thing for sure, he will be missed by fellow colleagues working at JHU. Through this meal, my colleagues got to know the new lab members better since we had to tell our life stories from our birth to the present.

I wish Srini a safe journey back and a successful career ahead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wah, my daddy look so smart. Uncle, you also not bad lah. Hahaha.