Thursday, July 26, 2007

Knowing how to pamper oneself

Occasionally, you may feel down because life is not rosy all the time. I have been feeling down for some time (God knows how long). Little things add up to my frustration.

Well, to snap out of it, talking with someone helps especially if that person gives you good advice to rethink. Once you think from a different angle, things do not seem so bad after all.

Exercising induces the body to secrete endorphin, the natural feel-good hormone. This evening, I swam hard and fast, keeping my mind from wandering by concentrating on gliding in the water.

Helping someone puts a smile back too. I did stroke corrections with someone who was swimming front crawl with difficulty. He was willing to pay me to teach him but I declined. Instead, I suggested that I could see him once a week to see if he had improved by practising what I had taught him.

I also treated myself to a sumptuous dinner at a restaurant where I could simply eat and pay without preparing the food and washing the dishes.

Life is good to me, I can sleep well tonight.

5 comments:

The Scientist said...

hey there,

hope that the good feeling lasts longer this time. it's really not easy to be away (from home and most of your good friends) and alone huh? especially if work doesn't go smoothly... can understand it.

take good care of yourself. can do facials at home using natural ingredients from the supermarket (e.g., egg, lemon, grains, etc.) also... haha...

when are you going home again?

Paul said...

Haha, hit the nail on the head!

Haven't done facials here for a long time. Haha... Don't want my landlord to see me with green mud. Haha...

Good question, I don't know too. Plane tic is ex. Probably next year.

How about you?

Charles Sng said...

Ahh, those little joys of life :) Good to know you are enjoying and appreciating them :)
Speak to me too if you want, but via emails, coz I have to keep to my principles ;)

Katie Z. said...

Life should be abundant right? Humans should be good to themselves... Guess you've pretty much doing yourself a great favour... Cheers!!!

The Scientist said...

You can also do facials when he's sleeping or out. I've lived with my flatmate for over half a year and she's never seen my black-seikisho face yet.

Hope to go home next year. For me, ex tic is not the problem. It's time.