Sunday, July 08, 2007

Congratulation to my complex relationship friend's wedding

A BIG congratulation to a great couple, Edward and Jade on their marriage on 07-07-07!

Edward is my sergeant in the army, "investor" during my graduate study, godson in faith though I am younger than him and a bosom friend in general.

We were in the same team in army which was how I got to know him. We went through thick and thin during army exercises and had our fair share of funny army tales. After army, we went out often to cycle or explore since both of us like outdoors and were waiting for school to begin. He went to Australia for his degree while I studied locally.

After his overseas studies, he started working while I continued to pursue for a higher degree. He would often treat me to lunch since I was a poor student then. That was how he was also know as my "investor" and I, his "investment". He is thinking that someday when I make it big, I will treat him back.

One day, he asked me if he could attend mass at the church I attended regularly. I guess God was using me as His instrument to be a companion in faith. He was my last godson, I have five.

Jade is a very fine woman who is compatible with Edward. I knew of their courtship from what Edward told me. I am happy for him to find a good wife!

I was there during their engagement ceremony where I volunteered to be their photographer. Jade was "bragging" to her friends that she had a Dr. photographer. Haha...

It is sad that I cannot go back to attend their wedding but I called them on Skype to send my greetings from Baltimore. They were tired after a whole day of activities and Edward was drunk from sabotages because people wanted to get back at him for making them drunk when they were grooms.

So, there might be a truth in the saying, "What goes around, always come back around."

No comments: