Saturday, July 07, 2007

A nauseating experience at the gym

Now that I had recovered from my cough, I have been working out and exercising regularly to de-stress and get the natural high feeling from endorphin.

Yesterday while running on the treadmill, a long-haired guy came and used the treadmill beside me. He was running feverishly and began to perspire. That was when I started to smell a stale, sour foul air enveloping me.

As I was in the middle of my run, I did not wish to change machine. Besides, there was no free machine available. So, I had to put up with the odor.

I tried holding my breath several times but how long can one hold since he was doing aerobic exercise. Next, I tried to swing my towel to move the air away.

In the end, I just focus on running and was glad that my 30-minute run ended.

PS: For those who wish to reduce fats, you must do aerobic exercises (running, swimming, cycling etc) for at least 20 minutes for the body to burn away the excess fats. Usually, I go for 50 minutes. Do gradual increment of time and intensity based on your current health! Go for the long term goal of being healthy and not fast drop in weight only to gain it back more. There is no short cut to health.

2 comments:

Charles Sng said...

arghhh......glad u survived the ordeal :P

Paul said...

Haha, me too. So, you are keeping to your words of not going online. Have not seen you since then.