Monday, May 15, 2006

A tribute to MOTHERS

Mother, mama, mommy, mum, (Chinese, Japanese), mère (French), madre (Spanish, Italian), mutter (German), mãe (Portuguese), 어머니 (Korean) and Ibu (Malay). I find it fascinating that majority of these words in different languages has the alphabet ‘m’ and regardless of how they may sound, the virtues of love, tenderness, wisdom, courage and strength are found in the person whom we utter these words.

For nine months, you carried me in your womb, protecting the tiny me from harm. In giving birth to me, you endured pain beyond description. During my infant days, you tirelessly fed me with milk and love. In sickness, your constant care nursed me back to health. Your quiet sacrifices are not unnoticed, for you have taught me how to love. In my growing years, your compassion and wisdom taught me charity and guidance to find my dreams. Thank you for believing in all my dreams. I am what I am today and I owe it all to you, Mama.

Madam Soong's son


No comments: