Monday, May 22, 2006

Drinking oil?

This was a first for me to buy such a large volume of cooking oil (9.46 litres/2.5 gallons). Previously, the most I bought was only 5 litres and that was used for the whole family. I will have more than enough cooking oil to last through my stay here. To prevent rancidity and for easy pouring, I would aliquot into smaller volumes.

This is one thing I like about US culture where things are sold in bulk at warehouse prices. I also discovered my favorite brand of ice cream, Godiva dark chocolate bar at Sam's Club. The chocolate ice cream is encrusted by a layer of dark chocolate crust. It looks tempting just by looking at it. The crust would break when you sink your teeth into the bar. Next, the rich aroma of dark chocolate permeates your taste buds. Heavenly....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ur blog is becoming more like a food blog.. haha...

I can see what keeps you occupied most of time in US... :p

hmm.... so, when are you going to start posting pictures of the swimming pools or jogging tracks?

Huibin

Anonymous said...

Just continue to pamper yourself with those rich creamy fat food, and my days of good long laughter will not be too far away.......

Paul said...

Haha, I have no choice. No car, so am 'trap' at my apartment. I can buy US$150 worth of grocery at one time.

Swimming pool pictures? I don't want to be sued for outraging somebody's modesty. Haha...