Thursday, May 04, 2006

F & F cravings

Two months without local food and fruits! My cravings for them are building up to a climax as though I am suffering from withdrawal symptom. I am even eating pickled chilli (or what they called here as ‘pepper’) as a dish.

Tropical fruits such as banana, watermelon and mango are expensive here and do not taste as sweet.

Beef noodles, dry wanton mee, Hainanese chicken rice, fried kway tiao, rojak, mee siam, durain, rambutan, papaya etc. The list is endless. I want them all!

Prior to my US trip, I actually began to crave for local delights. Whatever dish I thought of, I would ‘hunt’ it down and relish its taste and flavour. A meal could mean a few dishes instead of my usual one dish and a drink. Debbie brought me to the Red Hill Hawker Centre once where she recommended famous stalls. We went from alley to alley, ordering up to seven dishes at the end of the gastronomic adventure. Without saying, we were bloated but I had a great time satisfying my cravings.

I will do this again when I am back soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, you are like a women in diet.
zimin

Anonymous said...

Your long list really shows your craving! :-)

Lesheng

Paul said...

Yup, has arranged to go to Changi Village for eating once I arrive back home.

Hopefully, my jet lag doesn't kick in.

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»