Friday, May 12, 2006

Lesson from T-shirts

I used to wear medium-sized (M) T-shirts. But now, they are small-sized T-shirts. Something was amiss when I woke up every morning to find that my T-shirt hems barely covered my navel.

Lately, did I pieced the clues together. I set the washer to 'high temperature' instead of 'perm pressed', thinking that it would be cleaner. The dryer was set to high temperature too. My T-shirts are made of 100% cotton. Eureka, my T-shirts shrunk because of the heat.

Luckily, these T-shirts are meant for sleeping only. Imagine me walking around with the shrunken T-shirts. (Puking.....) Think this fashion is more suitable for females.

Lesson to learn: Always read and follow the washing instructions on whatever you want to wash.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I tot u usually wear S alredi judgg from the way they were body-hugg,so they were in fact M-sized??? Hahaha

Anonymous said...

hehe. Maybe one factor is: your size is getting bigger and bigger. :-)

BTW, we will go for one week's holiday from tmr, see you one week later!

garfield

Anonymous said...

Alamak!! I thot u are an expert in housekeeping...how come still dunno that hot water will shrink many cotton typed clothings!?!?!? Tsk Tsk Tsk :P

Maybe u can save those clothes for future use after u trim off those excess f*ts in ur middle region :P. Who knows...short-Ts might be trendy in USA soon???! :P

Paul said...

I don't wear body hugging T-shirts, fitting is the word where there is still breathing space between clothes and skin.

Aiya, back home, I don't use hot water to wash nor do I need a dryer. That's why not familiar with it. Anyway, the T-shirts are cheap, so can afford to do that.

Anonymous said...

Din know that cotton shrunk in hot/warm water. But why is hot/warm water used??

Chris

Paul said...

Hot water, I think, gets rid of dirt easier than cold water. Warm water, as used in 'perm press' is used so that clothes won't be so crumpled.

Now, I just pull my cotton T-shirts to stretch them after putting them on.

Anonymous said...

who is garfield, Uncle?

Anonymous said...

i think ur t-shirt will go from shrunk to out of shape with you pulling it like that.