Monday, April 17, 2006

Tulips, tulips everywhere!

Blessed Easter!

Today I got to know three of my colleagues better through a picnic at Sherwood Garden. It is located at the intersection between Stratford and Greenway in Baltimore.

Every spring, this garden will have tulips of different colors and varieties welcoming spring. I am also blessed to be able to take pictures of cherry blossom trees that were still in bloom. (I missed that in Washington DC where only one out of about 300o trees was in bloom).

This time round, I visited the garden thrice because of the cherry blossom incident and most of the tulips were not blooming yet during my initial visit. Actually, I went yesterday to recce the bloom for today's picnic.

Each of us brought some food to share while we sat under the shade of a pear tree which gave off a sweet fragrance. Kuen OK prepared sushi, YangKun offered rock melon, Vladimir brought tuna sandwiches, banana and cashew nuts and I brought biscuits, water and tuna sandwiches too. My sandwiches tasted bland because I just meshed up the tuna and added white pepper powder. Haha... No time to buy mayonnaise.

The ambience was relaxing. We chatted while we ate our lunch. Then, we began to take pictures of this beautiful garden. There were musicians playing guitar and recorder, families enjoying a get-together and even an artist by the name of Kathleen Strukoff painting the warm orange tulips.
More photos of Sherwood Garden are available here.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wa, so many beautiful flowers! I love tulips.
zimin

Anonymous said...

the tulips are so nice.
You must be feeling great there. :-)


lesheng

Anonymous said...

Hen mei...

Paul said...

Glad that you all like it.

Anonymous said...

Just got to know that you buy a new digital camera. They say that D70 is designed for man. hoho.

I like the photos taken at a lower position, seems like the flowers are stretching up for more sunshine.

And the close up of individual flower is also fantastic. there is a chinese saying: One flower, one world. 一花一世界。

zimin

Paul said...

I actually bought D70S for quite some time. So not really new. Haha.

What do you mean by D70 is made for man? Don't know camera got woman and man brand. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Because D70 is big and heavy, not good for girls.

Anonymous said...

I want to upgrade my comments on your photos from nice to very nice. =) haha...

I only looked at your web album today, how come you didn't choose your best shots for your post on the blog?

Anyway, there were really some great shots, esp the fields of tulips. ;)

Anonymous said...

alamak. I like the ones where you take from the butt of the tulip la, super nice! can feel it moving, and the world is wonderful sia... send to me when you see me...heh...you're one that learns from lessons eh,... yeah i knew only 1 cherry blossom blossomed, but didn't know it was out of 3000!! that is... hmm. lottery-lucky? :) well, at least got one la... you must take more pix of the late-comer, or is it...of the resilient treetree