Saturday, April 29, 2006

To cut or not to cut

What do I want to cut?

Before you think any further, let me answer it. I am deciding whether to cut my hair or not till I am going back home around June.

For people who know me, they have often seen me with short hair.

Actually, I have a deep longing to see how I would look like with long hair. The problem with me keeping long hair is because it curls when it is long. The fringe will curl more than Superman's curl. There can be stubborn curls where they have 'lives of their own'.

The trick to lessen my lock is to wet and comb my hair. Every morning, my hair looks like a lion's mane.

The environment here maybe conducive for me to keep it long. Firstly, the weather here is definitely cooler. Longer hair can keep my head warm. Secondly, there are more curly-haired people here than my home country, so I can blend in well. Recently, there is a trend to keep the lock on male undergraduates. Some still need to perm theirs while I can save money since mine is naturally curly. Lastly, the skull shape of an Asian differs from that of a Caucasian. The barbers here are used to cutting that of locals. I have to find an Asian barber soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya, keeping ur curly locks longer will definitely keep u warmer u know why? Cos just like those real beehives n "beehive hair", air is trapped within,thus keeping ur head warmer.Jia you ba, Paulilock.

P.S. if u canot tahan ur own looks,do rember take front n side photos of urself so tt we all k hav eye-opener!

Paul said...

Crazy, you think it will be that messy? I still about 1 month before I can cut my hair back home.

Will be good to keep a momento of how I look with long hair. Do I need to take a card with some number on it while taking the side and front photos?

Anonymous said...

haha, you can plait your hair like some black people will do.

Anonymous said...

follow your heart. Now you have the chance and environment to try something different. :-)

Lesheng