Saturday, April 22, 2006

Absent but not forgotton

When you are alone in a faraway place, any news, snail mail, email or parcel received from your loved ones can brighten up your day.

Recently, I got a large parcel of white pepper powder, chinese medical oil and plaster from Ann which can last me my entire trip here! Thank you, Ann, for all the trouble of buying and shipping these stuffs.

Judith also gave me a packet of preserved sour plum. One of my favorite tidbits.

My family sent a box of preserved olive vegetables, pickled mustard and lettuce. If you observed the list of food, all of them are preserved food with high salt content. My acquired Teochew-taste enjoys eating these with porridge or congee.

So, to my friends and loved ones, drop me an email or leave your comment at this blog to perk up my day. Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha,they forgot to send you Hu-Ju to complete ur meal!

Paul said...

Haha, I can bring that when I am back. Will compile my craving list now.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Paul, no sour plums for you!! Next time I'll tell mommy not to send you anymore sour plums, or at most one biji sour plum.