Friday, March 02, 2007

Settling slowly at my new place

I shifted into my new place on Monday (Feb 26) with the kind permission by Edwin, my landlord/housemate. I could not sleep for the first night as I 'downgraded' from a queen- to twin-sized bed. For the second night, I brought along two of my pillows from my old place and was able to sleep till 6am.

Now, it seemed that my biological clock is set to wake up at 6am no matter how late I sleep. I am physically exhausted from the shifting and disturbed sleep. I still have my belongings at Vladimir's and Eduardo's apartments since I would be charged USD$75 for moving in with boxes or bulky items. The plan is to bring my stuff in grocery bags over several trips. It is more troublesome but I save $75 (this rate is exorbitant or cut-throat for using the lift)!

Living at the tenth floor and facing the east has one tremendous advantage. I get to admire sun rise every morning. The red orange glow of dawn illuminates my room as the fiery ball climbs the sky.

I promise to post pictures of my new place once I am settled down. Till then, I am enjoying the 185 channels on TV and surfing the internet.

1 comment:

Charles Sng said...

hohoho, so much better than your old place! :P

Eagerly waiting for your dawn photos....:)