Thursday, March 22, 2007

100th Post

I should celebrate for my 100th post, thanks to all my friends and readers who had read and contributed to my blog which had kept me going!

While swimming at the small indoor pool with Greg today, I realised something. As the length was only 25 yards, I could not get as much work out as I like since I glided half the way. So, I began to swim along the peripheral of the pool instead of tumble-turn. It hit on me that I was like a fish in an aquarium, swimming around in an enclosed tank towards a set direction. This behavior was also observed in animals enclosed in confined spaces in zoos where you could see worn out paths.

Like animals, we also tend to create routines in our lives, performing the tasks in a certain manner till something forces us to change to adapt to the new environment.

2 comments:

The Scientist said...

wah, cool! happy 100th.

i like this post. it's very cheem, yet very obvious but we don't realise it overtly...

makes sense?

Paul said...

Haha, I think the fish analogy speaks to you.

It makes sense 'cos wise sayings and proverbs are actually simple observations which we often overlook but they are in us all the time.