Saturday, March 03, 2007

Mad about Sudoku

What is Soduku? It is a puzzle of placing numbers in a 9x9 grid so that each column, each row, and each of the nine 3x3 boxes contains the digits from 1 to 9. There is only an unique answer to each puzzle. This basic 9x9 grid has evolved to other forms such as 12x12 with letters and Samurai Sudoku.

My first brush with Soduku was when I noticed my friend, Judice started playing Sudoku in 2005 but I was uninterested then. Recently, Eduardo let me played one such puzzle on his hand-held palm while on our way to Washington DC. After that, I am a fan of Sudoku because it is mentally challenging and helps to improve one's analytic skill.

The human body has an efficient way to cope with changes. A person who works out correctly at the gym will often accumulate muscle mass with a proper diet. However, if he stopped pumping, the muscle mass will decrease, since the body does not need to maintain a muscular physique to survive. Similarly, if a person does not use his brain much (e.g. watching TV), the mental capability will deteriorate. What you do not use, the body will not maintain it. That is why I am playing at least one Sudoku puzzle each day.

1 comment:

Charles Sng said...

I fully agree with u that mental capability needs to be maintained by using the big brain, coz I am a good example :P.

So are u so busy with Sudoku that you are abandoning ur blog?? ;)