Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Northern Central Railroad Trail (NCRR)

On last Saturday, Fero and I went to The Northern Central Railroad Trail where we walked for more than 8 miles (13 km). Along the trail, I spotted 'a' black snake sun basking on a branch and Fero was interested to find out if it was actually one. He commented that it was too long to be a single snake. Being short-sighted and phobic of reptiles, I nudged him to move on but he stood there. Finally, he saw two heads where the snake was actually two snakes entwined together.

This trail actually leads to the boundary of Maryland and its northern neighbor state, Pennsylvania. From the start to the boundary, it extends 20 miles (32 km). Along the trail, you can see many people running, walking, cycling or even horse riding. Fishing and river tubing are also available. I am interested to try out river tubing when the water gets warmer. Now, it is still cold! My second intention is to reach Pennsylvania by bicycle. But first, I need to ride on a bicycle again to condition my bottom since I know I will have a split bottom from such an extensive distance without proper conditioning.

Thereafter, we proceeded to Hunt Valley Mall where we had lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. I ordered an appetizer called Singapore Shrimp Roll to find out what it was. It tasted like the Vietnamese spring roll where the ingredients (shrimp, lettuce, carrot, vermicelli etc) are wrapped by rice paper and dipped in some kind of sauce.

I am going to make this dish but first, I need to do some background research on it by going to a Vietnamese restaurant and surfing the net.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There seems to be a pattern in your postings ... most seem to end up with a discussion of food!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Split bottom?!? Sounds serious... perhaps a split pair of bermudas too.....:P