Monday, May 14, 2007

Do not let your heart be troubled or afraid Jn 14:27

From time to time, you often need to hear words of encouragement. I got mine at church today.

During sermon, Father Joe recounted at the special Olympic Games in Seattle where nine contestants were lined up to run the 50 yards. When the start was flagged off, eight ran but one tumbled a few times and he cried from a scraped knee. The eight who were in front, heard the cry and all eight went back towards the starting line, comforted him and together, all nine crossed the finishing line to thundering applause from the spectators.

These nine special athletics had shown what true winning is compared to our notion of winning from what we were taught since childhood.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.
Not as the world gives do I give it to you.
Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.
John 14:27

No comments: