Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Feeling out of touch with the world

I find myself clueless about what is happening around the world since I do not read newspaper here. Most of the news are local (in Baltimore) or within the boundary of USA. News that are coming out of USA will be those in Iraq because US troops are there.

I did tell myself to read news from the internet to keep abreast but most of the time I am just lazy. Luckily, this afternoon, I read an article about the Singapore government giving out cash to help Singaporeans offset the impending 2% GST raise in July from 5%. All I had to do was to register at the GST Offset Package website, www.gstoffset.gov.sg.

Hope that the news stations in USA can do a better job in informing its citizens rather than being so oblivious to the world.

No comments: