Friday, May 11, 2007

A midweek celebration for Dijana's arrival

This feast was arranged by Vladimir in honor of his newly wedded bride, Dijana who joined him two months ago.

The initial plan was to celebrate at Tom's home but the venue was changed to the lab at the eleventh hour due to 'imminent bad weather'.

Everyone in the lab chipped in at least one dish and we got ourselves a wide spread of food (the food multiplied when we shared). There were sushi, Zha Jiang noodle, rotisserie chicken, salad, beef stew (mine), apple pie, cakes and Serbian dishes (which I did not get the names). Dijana's dishes were pleasing to the eyes and delicious for the palate. I must ask her for the banana wrap and tuna-egg roll recipes.

We had so much left over that we consumed them for lunch today. I took 15 pictures for this event and only three had people in it. The rest were displayed here. My focus was on the food as I was hungry. Hope you do not salivate from seeing.








No comments: