Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Call me, "Tanned Tan."

After three long months of cold harsh winter, I now understand why people living in the temperate countries love the sun.

From a tropical country perspective, you would not see locals sun bathing on grass field during midday. Nope, you would see sun bathers at the beach or pool only. Here, in USA and Australia, I had seen people lying on the lawn and "getting bake".

For myself, I had bought a beach towel during the winter sales and I used it for the first time yesterday where I lied on the field opposite to my apartment. The sun was warm but not humid. It was so soothing that I dozed off while reading Intuition. I was wearing sleeveless and Bermudas, blending in with the culture here.

Contrary to what is portray on tv, daily Americans are not that liberal when it comes to showing off their skin. Guys would wear board shorts instead of swimming trunks at beaches and pools (they called trunks, "Speedo" though it is a brand name). Gals wear one-piece suit instead of bikinis (I think for the gals, it depends on the location).

No comments: