Monday, July 24, 2006

Animals aplenty

Johns Hopkins Homewood Campus has plenty of animals especially squirrels and rabbits. There was even a mother duck incubating her eggs during winter. The area was cordoned off and a sign was put up. It was termed the maternity ward and a make-shift shelter was placed over the duck. I wondered what happened to the duck and its eggs. Did they hatched into ducklings?

I thought of feeding the squirrels but they are constantly on their guard that I have not fed them yet. Anyway, they have been surviving without human intervention. Therefore, I should admire them from afar. I noticed that some squirrels had less bushy tails than others. I was told that these were the juveniles. Is it right, anyone?

Caught this inexperienced cute little bunny chewing grass while I was about two meters away from it. It did not have the instinct to run away as the older rabbits did. Alternatively, it might think it was too fast for me to catch it.


This bug was facing up when I took a picture of it. From dust you came, to dust you return.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, that bug is more appropiately named a beetle. A kind of beetle (but I forgot the name liao :P). Anyway, ashes to ashes, dust to dust...I think I know where you are coming from....

Anonymous said...

Wat bird was tt? It's a really pretty little fat red bird:) Ya, take ur time in admiring d surroundgs, d effort that had gone into creating Nature is so amazing. Sleep well:)

Paul said...

It's called Cardinal. I guess because Catholic cardinal's robe is red, that's why it has been named.

Anonymous said...

longhorn beetle or bockkaefer in german