Saturday, July 01, 2006

Read a mystery book with recipes

This was the first time I came across a mystery fiction which include recipes. What an interesting idea! The main character, Hannah Swensen (in 'Peach Cobbler Murder' by Joanne Fluke), owned a bakery business. Things started to heat up when a rival store opened opposite to hers. She was suspected of killing the rival store owner, who was also her rival in love.

One afterthought after reading was that female writers write differently from male writers. The plot for the former tend to include more on romance. This is one interesting topic for me to research on since I have a lot of free time to read at night. For this, I would need to read mystery stories written by both sexes.

Currently, I am reading 'The Survivor: Bill Clinton in The Whiter House' by John F. Harris. It revealed the inner workings of the Clinton White House and will provide me a glimpse to the political system of my host country.

No comments: