Monday, July 17, 2006

Running trails to trim down my pot belly

I live in Baltimore city with lots of buildings and roads. Recently, I discovered two running trails that ran along streams, lined by trees on both sides. The sound of running water helped to soothe my weary spirit and the fresh air refreshed my whole being. One headed north towards Roland Avenue while the other led westward to Druid Hill Park. I dislike running along roads where I have to breathe in car exhaust.

When I weighed myself two weeks ago, I had lost 4 kg due to lack of sleep, irregular meals and work stress. Ever since, I have been trying to put on weight and eating more meat. I am eating a stick of sinful Godiva chocolate ice cream and every other night while writing this post. Going to the gym helps as I tend to shrink to my gangly form whenever I stop exercising. There are lots of people here who want to lose weight but I am trying very hard to do the opposite. As I have not run or swim for a long time, my abdominal is developing into a small pot belly.

The trails and a pair of new running shoes are waiting for me to tread on them as I struggle mentally to get myself running again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha so u r like me, losing weight when stop exercising: the envy of many people out there ;).

Take care of your health and don't over exert yourself my friend, the most important thing you need now is sleep and quality sleep and ample sleep and Zzzzzzzzz...... =P

Paul said...

I am trying to sleep but having trouble with quality sleep. Been waking several times at night. Mind is working overtime.

Need to learn how to relax and be less uptight. Giving myself too much pressure.

That's the 'punishment' for worrying too much.