Monday, July 24, 2006

Therapeutics

My university friend, Chuntian a.k.a Sister, once said that washing dirty dishes can be therapeutic. I got that therapeutic feeling today.

I had procrastinated long enough for reddish-brown mildews to grow on my toilet sink and bathtub. The kitchen floor had not been scrub for almost two months from my weekend cooking. I had to wear slippers to prevent my soles from sticking to the floor. OK, I exaggerated. But I seriously hate the sticky feeling.

So, with a lot of mental determination, I got to clean my whole apartment while cooking simultaneously. After cleaning up, I felt good to see the shining tiles again and the carpet was rid of dust. On top of that, I went for a hike in the afternoon, exercised at the gym and cooked five dishes for the week. Fried chicken wings, pork chop, celery with prawns, minced beef for Mexican tacos and fried rice. Mission accomplished for this week.

What do you call a dish of fried rice prepared by a Singaporean?

Singapore Fried Rice (Haha… lame, right?) I must do some activities else my jokes are getting cheesy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very lame joke.

By the way, Uncle, you need more veggies in your dishes!

Cleaning is therapeutic, I agree.

Paul said...

That's why I said it was lamed. Will become 'lamer' with each passing day.

I am trying. Veggies here are salad veggies, broccoli or pepper. Not like leafy veggies.

My dishes are stacked up for one week now.