Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day, end of summer, beginning of school term

Labor Day in USA falls on the first Monday of September. This year, the date was Sep 3. It was a long weekend for Americans to experience the numbered days of summer.

I did not travel since I did not planned for it. Beside, my wandering lust was not strong enough to compel me to leave my experiments aside.

Anyway, as I strolled along Homewood campus towards church on Sunday, I witnessed the area bustling with activities. Long lines of cars were formed at hostels where parents were sending off their kids to college. There were farewell kisses and hugs plus some tears.

I also passed by a BBQ which was organized to help them make new friends. Others were at "The Beach", interacting in circles. Believe me that there is no sand nor a single drop of sea water. It is a big roundabout lawn where students often gathered to tan on the grass.

The freshies, travelling in twos or threes were also busy orientating themselves to where they can hang out. The shuttle bus would be packed again on Tuesday.

No comments: