Thursday, September 06, 2007

Smooth ride

Yesterday night, I took my new bicycle out for a spin. Changing to one of 21 gears was smooth sailing. Light squeezing of the brakes was sufficient to slow or stop the bicycle. Cushioning over bumps and humps was good. I was satisfied with what I had bought!

The cool air was refreshing as I cycled towards the supermarket. I reached the supermarket within 10 minutes instead of 30 minutes if I had walked.

To keep my balance while transporting my grocery, Tom suggested to me to buy a backpack. Back home, I would have hung the bags on the handles and maneuvered up and down hill. I took his advice and bought one from Rite Aid Pharmacy. I had a bargain where the pharmacy had 50% off on all backpacks since this was back-to-school week.

It seems that I do not have to stock up my refrigerator with food now except when the weather gets colder.

No comments: