Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Car sharing

Last Friday (Sep 7), I received a letter which I was waiting anxiously when I applied for a Flexcar membership on Aug 31.

Flexcar is a car-sharing company where members use cars when they need them. It is far less expensive than owning a car, and much more convenient than renting since there are four cars located at Homewood campus. I am just 2 minutes away from the nearest car. Students and affiliates of Johns Hopkins University are offered a special rate of $6/hour or $60/day. I also save on parking fees, car insurance and fuel which are included. Reserving a car is simply performed via online or phone.

While going to the gym, I happened to pass by a flyer which caught my attention and got me interested in the scheme. It was also featured in Hopkins newsletter.

Now, I can go to H-mart or anywhere as and when I like. Quoting Flexcar's phrase, "After all, why own the car when you can just own the drive?"

1 comment:

Charles Sng said...

This just keeps getting better and better, yeah! :) Looking forward to be your passenger in future, hahaha :P