Thursday, August 09, 2007

Good morning, Baltimore

"Good morning, Baltimore" is the opening song of the movie musical, Hairspray. There is even a karaoke version of this song in YouTube.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching this remake of the 1988 movie which was about misfit and racial segregation set in 1962 Baltimore. The tunes were catchy and sounded really 60's. I always commented that I am a old man trapped in a young man's body since I love the oldies. (Well, I cannot help it since I lived in a large family of uncles and aunts who listened to the latest hits then when I was very young). This is one superb movie soundtrack I will want to get my hand on. The dances were great too. I wish I could dance like that as my body is very rigid or I feel very conscious of myself dancing in public.

Finally, I can come out with a song that has Baltimore in it. I can usually sing a song from a word out of a conversation. Haha... People who know me knows I am a crazy guy who loves to sing.

No comments: