Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Gift by Richard Paul Evans

After a hiatus of not reading novels, I picked up a book entitled 'The Gift' which had an attractive cover. It had my favorite color and a beautifully wrapped gift box.

I woke up at 2a.m. this morning and could not get back to sleep. So, I decided to finish this novel revolving around the main character, Nathan Hurst. He was carrying emotional baggage from his past. At Denver airport where planes were grounded due to a snow storm, an act of kindness to Addison Park and her children changed his life. He discovered her son's gift of healing which Addison tried to hide. As more people discovered about this gift, Nathan's and Addison's lives intertwined.

A touching book on love and making life choices. I had to dry my tears after reading.

Talking about gifts, I hand-delivered greeting cards to my colleagues this week. I observed that they were eager to open up the cards upon receiving them. People still find the suspense of getting a greeting card. If a small card could lighten up their day, imagine what greater joy others would have when you share your gifts of time, companionship and many other gifts, not only during Christmas season but everyday of your life.

No comments: