Monday, October 16, 2006

Whipping up a feast before I go back home for holiday and settle an unfinished business

The moment that I have been waiting for is approaching in 11 days. I am going back home after eight months in Baltimore. Looking forward to meeting my family and friends again. And of course, Singapore food and fruits! In fact, I had arranged with my friends to pick me up straight from the airport and thereafter proceed to Changi Village Market for 'pigging out' after midnight. Hopefully, 48 flight hours and the jet lag will not take a toll on me.

Yesterday, I went shopping for gifts at Townson mall with Ao Yang. I bought clothing for my two young nephews and bookmarks for my niece. It is easier to buy gifts for little ones than for adults and I am running out of time. So, I had to forego getting gifts for the adults and a teenager nephew. I rather buy a present that is suitable for the intended person than to simply buy gifts or souvenirs meant for all!

Today, I intended to clear all perishable from my fridge else I could harvest different colors of mushrooms when I return from Singapore. Thus, the reason for cooking seven dishes (black pepper beef, fried chicken wings, braised mushroom with tofu, bean sprout with tofu, oven-baked Char siew pork ribs, Bak Kut tea/pork rib soup and spicy Chinese eggplant with dried lilies). If you are interested in cooking any of the dishes mentioned, message me for the recipes.

It had passed midnight and I am tired since I had 'toiled' from 2pm onwards. Good night from Baltimore.

PS: Dreaming of warm Singapore as temperature here is heading south.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe, What a feast!