Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Found it at last

I had been looking for my first generation iPod nano for the past two weeks. It was a farewell gift from my fellow graduate friends before I came to USA for my post-doctoral position.

I used it only when I work out at the gym and ever since I broke the ring of my armband while rowing, I have been putting it in my pocket.

After gym, I usually would place it near the kitchen counter for my next trip. When I realized that I was missing the iPod, I looked high and low for it at two possible places, my cluttered desk in my room and the equally crowded computer desk in the living room. It was strange that I still had my earphones.

I suspected that it had dropped out of my pocket when I was pulling out my keys. Nothing was turned in after my inquiries at my building concierge and gym.

Yesterday, I went to The Apple Store at Towson Town Center, intending to get a 5th generation iPod 16GB nano which cost USD$189.74. The new features that I like included a FM radio, video camera and its huge size versus my 1GB antique.

Not wanting to be in a hurry to get one, I left empty handed. For dinner, I just wanted to eat instant noodle and when I reached for it, lo and behold, I found the missing iPod. I wondered why I had left it there. Just a very strange place for me to put it.

As for the 5th generation iPod, it can wait now since I am contemplating on getting a iPhone which has all the features I wanted plus a telephone. Also, ordered an armband so that it would be easier to locate and would not obstruct my movement at the gym.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is Anonymous not surprised that you found it near FOOD!

Charles said...

Long time no see, glad to see that life is good over your side! :)

Thank goodness you didnt cook the ipod for dinner... ;P

Anonymous said...

Yeah ... you really would have taken a bite out of the "Apple."