Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Test driving different car models

In my two years of renting cars, I had rented mostly economy or compact size cars such as Nissan Versa, Chevy Cobalt, and Kia Spectral. However, the last rental I had was a Chevy Impala after a free upgrade to a full size class at Enterprise.

Since I had never driven a full size car, I was not used to the wider width and heavier weight. I kept looking at my side mirrors to ensure that I kept within my lane. At parking lots, I also had to maneuver more. When I approached junctions, I had to jam break a few times because it had a longer breaking distance compared to a compact car.
After getting used to the car, I started to enjoy driving it. Pickup was smooth and at high speed, it was very stable. The downside was the low fuel efficiency.

Renting cars here definitely helped me to choose the car model I want in the future.

No comments: