Thursday, March 26, 2009

Taking pictures in raw format

Recently, I switched to taking pictures in raw format from JPEG because proponents of it had sworn on how one could enhance and manipulate various effects from the uncompressed data using a photo-editing software.

I knew about the larger storage size of each picture needed but I did not know that Pictureproject had hundred copies of the same picture. This resulted in lack of storage space on my harddisk. Now, I had to sit down and edit each picture manually instead of hitting the auto-enhancing button in Pictureproject. Thus, my pictures of Cape May, NJ may take some time to be posted on the web.

I would revert to taking in JPEG after this round.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you take a photo of a Twix bar, maybe Picture Project will make a hundred for you!!!!!

Charles Sng said...

I think the program setting might be wrong....how can a program make 100+ copies of the same photo automatically by just enhancing the original photo? It doesn't make sense....