Monday, February 16, 2009

Recognizing aging

Signs that I have aged besides wrinkles and receding hairline:

1. Harder to adjust to jet lag. I used to be able to adapt to the different time zone quickly. Nowadays, I needed at least three days for my biological clock to be in tuned with the time zone.

2. My legs actually felt numb during my long 27-hour of flight.

3. My sense of balance is affected.

4. Tight tendons. I had to stretch my muscles in-between running to prevent aching.

5. Lower metabolism where I put on weight if I do not exercise enough.

After a month of indulging in gluttony in Singapore, I weighed 80.6kg. Since returning, my eating habit resumed to normal and I went to the gym daily, alternating between running and lifting weights. Currently, my weight was 79kg.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Your loyal fans missed hearing from you. Glad to see that food is still the centerpiece of your postings. Happy Ox Year.

Anonymous said...

Another sign of aging ... forgetting to update your blog!

TL said...

80.6kg to 79kg ..... when x is large, x - 1.6 makes no difference ... TL