Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Too many distractions at night

Now that I have cable tv, my nights have been spent watching shows from the time I got back to the apartment till 11pm latest, unless it was the weekend which would be 1am.

Further, I have five books on hand. I am almost done with The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography where the famous black actor, Sidney Poitier shared about his life growing up in the Bahamas to surviving as a black actor under the prejudices against colored people at that time in Hollywood till the present. It was written addressing to the reader, so I could relate to what he was conveying.

I am also reading On Call in Hell: A Doctor's Iraq War Story by Richard Jadick with Thomas Hayden. No point for guessing it right about the content of the book from its title.

The other three are Everyman's Library Pocket Poets by Robert Frost (a gift from Tom) who epitomized an American poet, Canaan by Donald McCaig and lastly Intuition which touches on the world of labs and researchers (on loan from my landlord).

In between restless nights, I would solve two Soduku puzzles to make my mind tired so I can sleep.

These past two days, I suffered from a bad stiff neck. It started with the right side yesterday. But today, the pain had spread to both sides. I am not moving my neck much. You can imagine how funny I am when I had to turn my whole body instead of just my neck to look at something. Sigh, hope it will go away quickly. I am sticking the medical patch to relief the pain. Vladimir suggested that I used a hair dryer to blow on the affected part.

2 comments:

Charles Sng said...

Hey, I think you are too busy at night, maybe that is the cause of your stiff neck. First thing to cut down is the TV box :P. Get well soon! :)

Paul said...

Haha, I am a true blue coach potato.