Friday, January 19, 2007

Baltimore City is like Gotham City

I had noticed choppers with spotlight flying around my area at night. They hovered way down low and the noise they created was annoying. I wondered what they were doing.

I got my answer on last Monday. Vladimir and I were taking a stroll at JHU Homewood Campus after a hearty dinner. When we parted, I first saw a black man running fast (definitely not in running gear but in polo t-shirt and jeans), followed by an officer chasing after him. I thought of helping the officer but I was thinking that was not a good idea. What if the suspect had a gun. I was not going to risk my life. As I reached the campus entrance, an empty patrol car was parked beside a bicycle which I suspected belonged to the suspect.

Moments later, a helicopter appeared and started flying around the vicinity. The helicopter served as an aerial surveillance of spotting the suspect. So like in Batman comics where they flashed the Batman sign when there was trouble, the choppers would be there to find crooks roaming the streets of Baltimore City.

2 comments:

Charles Sng said...

Oh....looks like Baltimore city's crime rate is quite high?? Better be extra careful....

Jude Lin said...

it's cool,the amount of tax the americans pay is really worth it. Imagine how much $ they spend to fly a helicopter to find a suspect that stole an old lady wallet that worth $100 USD?

U will never get this good security service in singapore. No matter how much GST u pay. Instead, u get a centeralise police station cause they are cutting operation cost in the neighbourhood police posts we used to see.