Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Trying my hands to be a barber

At the blink of an eye, I have been here for six months. During this period, I had my hair cut once by a Korean barber. The hairstyle turned out alright but not as good as back home. My hair grow long pretty fast and it has started curling.

My colleague, Greg, has curly hair too. He trimmed the curls whenever they appear. Last week, I thought why not try his approach and cut my hair for the first time. Instead of trimming the curls, I was cutting off about 2 - 3 cm from my fringe, top and sides with a small pair of scissors. It turned out alright without any bad comment from my colleagues. Yesterday, I bought a bigger pair of scissors and this time round, I will cut even shorter. It is difficult to cut the sides whereby I often would miss my hair and 'snip air'. I have to coordinate my movements to my reflection on a mirror. I am slowly getting the hang of it. For the back, I may just have to leave it long or I will visit a barber for a crew cut.

I always feel relief and relaxed after a hair cut. This time round is no difference. The downside is I have to clean up the hair.


Epilogue to "To cut or not to cut"
If you read my previous post in April about me trying to keep my hair long just for the fun of it, I had this thought 'cut' away. My colleagues and friend were explicitly and implicitly hinting that I should have my hair cut. Comments were 'it is ugly' or 'you look tired'. Too bad I could not grow it to shoulder length and take a picture for memento. Debbie, your 'Paulilock' did not come true. Haha...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hohoho...the power of peer pressure :P

Anonymous said...

ya, no guts man, u shld just let ur curls grow

....then come home to rebond ur hair hahahahahaha,I can alredi imagine hahahaha,just tt tot of ur long straight hair makes my day

Paul said...

Not really peer pressure. When so many people say that I don't look good with long hair, there must be some truth in it.

Rebonding? Crazy. Just let them curl like the mane on a stallion. Haha...