Saturday, August 19, 2006

Mission Code Name "Capture Mousey"


Finally, after the fourth time, I saw a small black mouse this evening when I just got back to my apartment. It was squeaking and making noise at the air vent near the air-con which caught my attention. To my surprise, it jumped out of the small hole and was in full sight for a split second before I reacted. I cannot imagine that a mouse could squeeze through such small holes (it must have taken some kind of contortionist lessons).

Previously, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me when I saw a black shadow moving from the central air vent and creeping through my kitchen door. After the third time, I was confident that it was a mouse. I asked YangKun, who had lived in Broadview for more than a year, if she had seen a mouse before.

I thought that by informing the Broadview front desk, they would send a pest terminator to get rid of the mouse. Instead, the front desk personnel passed me a box of mouse traps. I tried one trap but the mouse did not fall into it. I need to use some kind of bait. Any good suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiyo, keep it as a pet lah,if Chris and Judice know that u r trapping rodents,duno wat they will tink?

if u use bait,mayb instead of one nosey passing-by little black mouse,whole family turns up. Or worse if u manage to trap d little one,the father,mother.. come after u for revenge arh....hahahaha

Anonymous said...

why not call it miki? then u will start to luv it.. - vic

Paul said...

After more than 10 days, there was no sight of any "pet-to-be" animal insight. So, count itself lucky.

Miki? Sounds like Mickey Mouse but with Japenese spelling. Nah, in future, I will need to deal with mice in my experiments, so do not want to let them remind me of work.