Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Update to my knowledge of exercising

As the Arctic cold front surges, I stay more immobile on the couch and not going to gym. I have been feeling guilty for not exercising by using the excuse of temperatures below freezing.

A few weeks ago, I ordered a book called "The Men's Health Big Book of Exercises: Four Weeks to a Leaner, Stronger, More Muscular YOU!" I felt that my old routine of exercises was boring since it had not changed for 4 years and my muscle growth had plateaued. After reading Chapter 2 on FAQs on lifting, I realized my knowledge on sets and repetitions of workout was outdated. The 619 exercises, including warm-up exercises which I often neglect, will keep me occupied.

The weather forecast for the next 7 days should be above freezing, time to head out and burn calories.

No comments: