Monday, May 18, 2009

Joint Service Open House 2009

After nearly four years in USA, I finally went to the Joint Service Open House 2009 on May 16. I had heard of it from colleagues before but I did not have the chance to visit this event which was held annually to showcase US Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard.

JianShi, his parents and I went to the FedEx Stadium where we took a bus shuttle to the Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland. At the entrance, air crafts of various sizes greeted visitors on the vast compound. I missed the chance to sit in a C-130 during my army days when I was attached out to represent Guardsmen for water polo. I felt small inside C-130. In addition, there were aerial acrobats involving USAF Thunderbirds, parachuting, picture-taking-session with army personnel, games, food and souvenirs.

I found the inflatable costume amusing. At least, the person inside, I presumed, would not be suffering from heat exhaustion since he had plenty of air.

A good event to go for those interested in army stuffs.

More JSOH pictures.

No comments: