Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Capturing autumn colors in Baltimore City

Initially, my Singaporean friends had intended to take pictures of fall along Skyline Drive in Virginia. However, no one was interested to drive 6 hours just to take the pictures.

So, I decided to cycle around Baltimore City since there would always be subjects to capture if I looked hard enough. It would also serve to showcase Baltimore's charms, which coincidentally is one of Baltimore's slogans, called Charm City. Unfortunately, most of the trees had shed their leaves by the last weekend due to wind and rain. I had to find trees with leaves and not just branches.

My hunt took me to Guilford Avenue where colorful row houses lined the street and Jones Falls Trail with the arc waterfall, reminding me of Niagara Falls on a much smaller scale.

As the sun set earlier at 5pm, my last shots were along Roland Ave where the golden rays illuminated a line of trees with yellow leaves. The driveway was covered with fallen leaves which left a deep impression of the beautiful colors of red, orange and yellow.

Baltimore fall pictures.

No comments: