Thursday, June 26, 2008

Out of shooting action for now

After waiting almost a year for a camera lens that has long focal length and image stabilizer, I ordered the Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR DX Nikkor Lens from US1Camera. This was to prepare for my Yellowstone trip.

I had been frustrated at not being able to zoom up close with my 18-70mm lens, especially when the subjects are at great distances. I love details.

After switching my lens, some dust particles got inside the camera body. I managed to get rid of a brush hair from the matte focusing screen. However, some dust stains were left inside somewhere no matter how hard I cleaned with my cleaning kit.

All of the Yellowstone pictures have spots, especially against the blue sky or snowscape. I am irritated by the spots but have to accept it.

I had sent the body to Nikon Photo Service Center in Melville, NY on last Friday and just got a quote of $25 for cleaning, $12.50 for shipping and $1.50 of tax. Hopefully, I will get it back soon and no more specks on my pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your loyal fans are anxious to see your pictures, even with "specks." Maybe if we don't wear our "specs" we won't notice.

Anonymous said...

actually, better not to clean.. won't have reason for taking lousy photos.