Thursday, June 15, 2006

Six Flags America






I went with Fero to a theme park called Six Flags America on June 10 (Saturday). First, a brief background of the theme park company. It has been operating for 45 years and has 29 parks in North America. It is a great place for friends and family members to hang out and have fun. I felt like I was a tourist again the moment I stepped into the park after staying in Baltimore, Maryland for three months.

As Fero had not been on any thrilling rides before, we started with some mild ones such as The High Seas, a swinging pirate ship which moves in a pendulum motion. After being 'initiated', we went for fast and thrilling rides.

I liked The Wild One, which is a classic wooden coasters. It may looked mild but when you are riding on it, the ups and downs, twists and turns can churn your stomach inside out. The other is Superman-Ride of Steel that sent my adrenaline rushing when it plunged at a height of 200 feet (61 metre) at 70 mph (112 kph). It was simply exhilarating! Along the ride, I raised up my hands (not advisable) and felt as though I was flying. My long hair was messy after the ride (yes, I am still keeping my hair).

On the whole, I had a whale of a time at Six Flags America and am looking forward to go there again. Photos are available here.

No comments: