Monday, December 07, 2009

Shopping spree

As I write this post with my laptop on my laps, I do not have to feel the heat from my laptop anymore. The heat was uncomfortable and for men, it is unhealthy for the scrotum.

Well, I just got this Logitech Notebook Cooling Pad
from Amazon. The fan works well, keeping the laptop cool and it is quiet. I bought it because 91 customers gave a 5-star review of this product.

Oh, by the way, maybe it is the spending season, I had ordered more stuffs (e.g. Kirkland Extra Strength Glucosamine HCl and Chondroitin Sulfate Tablets, Bower step down adapter, books, patches, calendar) from Amazon. Since running the Baltimore Marathon in Oct, my left knee has not been feeling right. It is not swollen, i.e. not inflame. However, I feel a cooling sensation even though I did not apply or take any medication. Glucosamine and Chondroitin are building blocks which help to maintain healthy joints. I have to see if these tablets help after three months.

For the step down adapter, prior to buying Nikon D70S, I bought a Nikon F55 which fits a 58mm lens. Among the 58mm lens I invested were a fish-eye lens and a macro lens. I am waiting to get the adapter so that I could try out wide-angle shots and really close up shots.

Argh, I need to rein in my spending spree as I had spent $250 on this Black Friday. I was tempted to rent a car and drive 1.5 hrs to Hagerstown, MD for the midnight sales. I wanted to experience the madness of Americans lining up in front of stores to get the deals. However, that night was raining and foggy plus I was tired. In the end, I slept through the night and drove to there in the morning. In all my shopping trips at Hagerstown Prime Outlet, I had never seen so much crowd before. Lines were long at the cash registers. Luckily for me, the few things that I bought were at shops which were not that packed. I was holding myself back from shopping too much.

No comments: