Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Feeling the effects of over 30

Signs of men over 30 are showing: Pot-belly, thinner scalp (am thankful that I still have a full crown) and lethargy.

After one month of eating at least three local dishes at one meal and a drink, I had gained 4 kg/ 8.8 lb and a big pot-belly. It was eating like there was no tomorrow. I was actually eating to make up for one year absence since I would not be coming back to Singapore next year. One round way trip costs me at least SGD$2600. Travelling back next year would set my savings back by $5200. I would have to forgo Chinese New Year and my PhD convocation. Come 2007, I would use the time and money to travel to as many states as possible (fyi: 50 states). Yellowstone National Park is on my top list.

With a bigger tummy and lack of exercise, I felt tired more easily. My mind was set on running and swimming, but my body refused to obey. It seemed that I just had to binge and sleep. I am turning into a lazy pig! Friends had commented that I looked bulkier (euphemistic way of saying I am fat).

One of my goals for this coming new year is to reduce my waistline so that I could see my abs again. Haha...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.